Sunday 3 April 2011

A Flower for the Girl








Top: Vintage From Oxfam
Skirt: Pins and Needles, Urban Outfitters
Bag: Vintage Pony skin
Badge: found on the floor of my old workplace
Shoes: (old) Topshop

So I've finally finished sorting out my Mac transition. It took a little longer than expected but I'm now fully functional. With this new computer organisation in mind I'm also going to (in fact I've already started) be making a few changes on the blog to tidy it up and generally make it flow better.

 When I first started to blog I didn't really know what I wanted to do, or how it would make me feel. I'm not what I would call an overly confident person and I thought blogging may improve that, what I didn't expect is how much I would enjoy it, or how it has affected how my approach to myself and others. So with that in mind I have decided to make more time for it in my life, post more regularly, and maybe during my degree free Summer make a couple of Zines about cooking and fashion.
Anyway on to more exciting things.....

It was my boyfriend's birthday this week, he doesn't like a fuss but we did do a bit of vintage clothing (me) and antique book (him) shopping. I picked up this little knitted top and a white sleeveless summer camisole in Oxfam. They have a 'retro and vintage' section which is incredibly overpriced but this little top was actually not too expensive (about £4.99). I like the 1940's prim-ness and the cute crochet waistband, but the turn up sleeved clinched it for me, I love a good turn up.
 I also found a vintage tan leather wallet and little black velvet handbag in another charity shop. My find of the day however was the most perfect black patent leather, velvet bow-ed, mid heeled, court shoes in a Sue Ryder, alas, they were too big (even with an insole). We also did some antique shopping on Saturday, we are lucky enough to have some really good antique shops in our local town and I usually end up buying something. This time however I didn't get anything, my boyfriend got something for me...a really beautiful brooch that deserves its own post.
More on that and other matters later in the week...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...