Saturday 20 August 2011

Back to school








Dress: River Island
Shoes: Topshop (via ebay)
Tote: Idlewild gig
Watch: Casio (via ebay)
Lipstick: Revlon stay matte, strawberry red (discontinued)

There is a story behind this dress that I cannot be bothered to tell, but lets just say I was pleased when it finally arrived (yet not so pleased when it shrunk in the wash). I'm not usually a fan of the mini, but I got all caught up in the print and cute pockets, and now I'm hankering after some more mini shift dresses to wear with tights. It also gave me an excuse to wear the Topshop Kerb-t shoes I posted about oh, so long ago, they turned out to be pretty comfortable, if slightly childish, like the shoes your mum bought you for going back to school, that you were so excited to wear on the first day of term because you'd been made to save them until then.

Talking of school, I begin my degree again in about a month, and it looks pretty reading heavy (of course it is, it's a literature degree), with this in mind I think I think I'm going to start posting mini book reviews as I go along. I've been thinking about creating some regular features, and my degree is such a large part of my life yet I never talk about it, and this is something that will give me some focus, which frankly, last year I lacked.

So sorry in advance, I'm about to get pretty bookish on you...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...