Thursday 11 August 2011

Far From the Madding Crowd








Dress: New Look
Necklace: Adapted from an earring
Hat: Vintage, thrifted
Belt: Vintage, thifted
Satchel: Vintage, charity shop
Shoes: Gift from my girl
Nails: Models Own
Lips: Revlon Stay matte, smoked peach

We took another walk along the saltwater marshes, met a cute little stray dog who was very keen to play ball, and I got a little sun burnt. All in all a good day.

I love this dress, it was an impulse buy, but it was like I'd been looking for it all my life. The print is the perfect mix of kitsch and modern, and the fit makes it look like I actually have boobs. Amazing. In the winter I'm going to wear it with black tights, my leather jacket, and head scarf to toughen it up a little.

 Tough is a good word, and recently I feel like it's what I'm lacking, and hence my recent pause in blogging these pictures, and others. I haven't really felt comfortable in my choices. My wardrobe is too child like, full of animal prints (see post below!) and 'little girl' skirts. I find all I want to do is return to the days of old, when jeans, stripes, white hair, and red lipstick were my items of choice. Today I took the first steps and had my hair bleached, again. It felt good.
 The hairdressers is my weakness, I love going to the salon and deciding on a colour and cut, then seeing it created in front of you. I think hairdressers are truly underrated, perhaps if I had my time again it's something I would think of doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...