Friday 21 January 2011

Taken on the Most Depressing Day of the Year...




...Monday, it was my birthday and also according to experts the most depressing day of the year for most of us. That explains a lot. In all honesty I actually had a good day. We took a little over night trip down to St. Ives and spent the day exploring the cobbled streets, having a fish lunch (and dinner), doing a little shopping, and taking some photos. It rained solidly the whole journey down to the town but miraculously stopped when we arrived, the sun came out, and it became a beautiful winters day. I like Cornwall a lot, it always seems so remote, with its little towns scattered across an expanse of rocky grass lands and dis-used tin mines. As a kid I used to to fascinated by the tin mines, I can't really explain why, maybe it's something to do with the underground nature of the work, all of that going on underneath our feet, and being totally unaware of it, or maybe its the romanticism of mining; the hard working miner coming home after a long days graft. It's such a shame that it has become a lost industry, but I guess the dis-used mines create a beautiful landscape. I think next visit we might try to explore some.

This is what I wore during the day of our visit, I bought this dress in the sale at Urban Outfitters a while ago and still wear it a lot. It has a lace up back, button up front, and an unusual jungle/animal print all over. It's one of those things I always feel comfortable in and is really easy to wear. The little peach cardigan is a strange purchase for me. I saw it in last month's ELLE magazine and was taken with it straight away,  I don't usually wear pastel colours, I end up feeling like a little girl, but for some reason I don't feel as silly in this one, maybe it's the chunky knit or how fitted it is. Still, I'll probably end up dying it black.

Cardigan : Topshop
Dress: Urban Outfitters
Shoes: Topshop
Bag: Vintage (from Portugal)
Tights: Primark.



1 comment:

  1. you look lovely hun. I've left a stylish blogger award on my blog for you xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...