Sunday 16 January 2011

Turning of the Tides




Jacket: Gap
Fur Stole: Vintage, from a charity shop
Jumper: Topman
Jeans: Topshop
Bag: Vintage, Cheltenham Vintage fair
Shoes: Old Primark ones

These were taken on an almost trip to the beach, the tide was in which meant we couldn't walk where we wanted to walk so we went home and had coffee and soup instead. On the way back we stopped off at an old house which is perched right on the edge of a cliff, it's one of those places that looks like it should only exist in films, all crumbling, eerie and desolate (it's also pictured in this post). Unbelievably it is lived in, though apparently by a hermit (man, not crab). Hermits intrigue me, how do they do their shopping, or post letters, or MOT their cars (I suppose they don't have cars)? Anyway... the house is one of places your desperately want to see inside, all boxes at the windows, broken panes of glass, and rusting old cars in the back yard. I took a little film while I was there, it's nothing special but I kind of like it anyway.


It was quite a cold, blustery day so I wore my new thick wool jumper and berry coloured flares. We had a little trip to Bristol earlier in the week which is where I got both of these, and a couple of other things which I will try to post about this week. I hardly ever wear jeans, I always feel uncomfortable and short in them, while everyone else looks all tall and lean, but for some reason I seem to get along with these fine berry ones just fine, maybe it's because they are flared and not all skin tight and clingy.
 I've had a bit of a clothes buying marathon recently which HAS to stop. I do not need anymore, no matter how much I try to convince myself otherwise. I'm thinking about having a bit of a clear out and eBay-ing some items. Is it worth all the hassle?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...