Friday 4 February 2011

Dinner is Always Good When it's Cooked by People You Love.





 




I meant to do this post a couple of weeks ago, but I've got all blogging behind. I always seem to have something else to do and I haven't had much time to take any photos, or do any baking or making. I'm hoping to rectify that this weekend, if all goes to plan (which it hasn't so far). 

These are from a dinner a party my wonderful friends held for my Birthday a couple of Saturdays ago . The food was so good, Aaron is a truly great chef (which is probably why he does it for a living), he even made goats cheese taste amazing and I don't even like goats cheese. Kath also made the room look delightful, she has such an eye for interior design, she made some amazing bunting from some incredible paper (I will take a close up picture of the length she gave me), put candles and lights all over her little conservatory, and made place names for all of us. They had also gone to the trouble of making a really cool play-list of all my favourite songs, which I must get from her as I can never be bothered to make them myself. 
The best part however was the cake, which was the best Birthday cake I've ever had, it looked so pretty that I didn't want to cut it, luckily it tasted even better (lemon!) so it was worth spoiling the nice icing. Needless to say it had all gone by the Monday.

Some people are really special and they are definitely two of them.

I had been told that the dress code was black tie so I wore my favourite Vintage dress which I found in Oxfam and liked so much that I paid £30, even though it is broken at the back. Its got some really delicate blue lace at the top which is falling apart in places, and a chiffon over layered, pleated, knee length skirt. I think it is from the 1960's. I paired it with a pair of Topshop nude,chunky heel, Mary-Jane's which in the excitement of the night I forgot to take a picture of. Typical.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...