Tuesday 22 March 2011

Troll Bridge





Cardigan: Primark
Dress: (very old) Topshop
Brooch: For the Variety Club
Shoes: New Look.

 I like lazy Sundays, or lots of walking Sundays, as was the case this weekend. We took little trip on foot into the unknown lanes near the house and ended up walking under a tunnel of trees we have driven through before. It really is beautiful in a neglected, juxtaposed way, full of twisted tree roots and bits of broken car. It's surrounded by the deepest, darkest forest which we'll explore another time (we got hungry, and I got cold, apparently it's not quite warm enough to go tights free yet), but there were still some photo opportunities to be had. For the occasion I cracked out one of my old summer dresses, a chambray number from Topshop a few years back, I'm seriously considering turning it into a high waisted skirt, I think I would get more use out of it that way, I always feel like a little girl in the heart shaped neckline and almost empire waist. I hate transitional dressing (actually, I hate myself more for using that phrase), I find it really hard to get the balance right, and usually end up looking boring because I give up (this is a prime example). Summer is much easier to deal with, less clothes equals less hassle, right?

Anyway, when we got back and had warmed up I made some Cadbury's Cream Egg cupcakes which I will post about soon, they really are so good, if a little labour intensive. I know it's a bit early for Easter treats but I really couldn't help myself.

 This week I have a few days off and I'm planning a massive spring clean, my wardrobe has become a space full of despair and drastic action needs to be taken, you know when you get to the point when you can't see for looking, well I passed that a while back. I'm also going to be cleansing my bedroom of some of its clutter, I'm one of those weird people who likes order, in fact i think someone once said I was a 'neat freak', tidiness makes me feel calm and organised, inside and out, currently however, the state of the bedroom is making my brain confused. I do not like this one bit. The only problem is I'm too sentimental, I don't want to throw away eight years worth of Vogue and Elle magazine, they might be useful again someday, right?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...