Wednesday 27 April 2011

Bluebird & Bluebells.













Dress: Topshop
Shoes: Topshop
Bag: vintage (Charity Shop)
Belt: Vintage (The Real McCoy)
Brooch: Antique Shop
Necklace: Accessorize

These were taken a couple of weeks ago on a hot Sunday walk through the woods near where we live. At this time of year the woodland floor is ablaze with the purple/blue of the spring Bluebells and the sweet scent of Gorse. It really is one of my all time favourite places to be. The track we took leads to an enclosed cove with a tiny little holiday cottage in it that isn't accessible by road. It's kind of my ideal place to live, quiet, beautiful, next to the sea, and away from the modern world. I don't think the cottage is used that much anymore, maybe only by the family who own it (and the rest of the village I live in), or the occasional Honeymooner; there is a little wooden summer house a little further up the cliff which is used for Weddings.
I didn't actually take any pictures of the cottage, I want to save those for another post, it deserves the proper treatment, it really is a bit special.

This dress was actually bought for my Birthday back in January, at the time it seemed a little over summery but now the weather is unexpectedly warmer I'm kind of addicted to wearing it. It came with its own matching belt, but that felt a little too much so I've taken it off and replaced it with my over worn leather belt. I'm also debuting my Bluebird brooch which I mentioned in a previous post. It has become an almost constant fixture on my outfits, it pretty much goes with everything and I just think it's so lovely. However, the love of wearing it is with equal part entangled with fear, I'm so afraid of losing it. I seem to have bad luck with the jewellery my boyfriend buys me, I always end up breaking or losing it (mostly in train stations) and then I get really upset as most of it is antique and is irreplaceable, blimin' old stuff. Fingers crossed for this one....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...