Saturday 30 April 2011

50/1



Last weekend was a double Birthday celebration, with both a fiftieth and a first on the same day. To celebrate we had a day out at Longleat Safari park. I made some special Birthday cupcakes too; Some chocolate ones for the grown ups, and some pastel coloured vanilla ones for the little one. I was actually pretty pleased with the way they turned out, I tend to lose patience when it comes to the decorating but this time I spent all day making sure they looked nice and special. 

It was such a lovely day so we had a big picnic in the park-lands and then piled into the mini bus to begin our trip around the safari park itself. As we drove in I dug my SLR out of my bag to get ready for all the amazing animal photo opportunities coming up... it was then I realised that the battery was still at home in the charger where I had left it the night before in my over organised preparation for the trip, Oops. So instead I had to settle for a few iPhone photos. To be honest it was so hot in the van that I'm pretty sure the lens of my SLR would of steamed up and I wouldn't of been able to get any brilliant shots anyway. Anyway, besides my little camera mishap, I think everyone enjoyed themselves, even if it was slightly sweaty. 
 As it turned out we decided to take a little trip to the zoo yesterday and the photo opportunities were much better, I might get round to posting some later in the week...

No camera also meant no outfit shots either. As it was such a hot day I decided to go for a 70's inspired look and wore my new, linen, Topshop skirt with a bright orange vest, I'm not usually one for white but I liked the little floral pattern and square pockets on the front, maybe I'll try to grab some photos of it in the next couple of weeks. I'm also going to take some photos of the lovely, vintage, tan leather pumps my wonderful friend Kath gave me yesterday after our Zoo trip, they are literally exactly what I've been looking for all over the Internet, she picked them up in a charity shop, she always has such great charity shop finds, which cause me to be a little tiny bit jealous. I'm also going to debut my new black and white t-bars I'm very excited about their imminent arrival...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...