Tuesday 16 November 2010

Brown Magic



I like to cook lots of stuff, but most of all I like to bake. I like to bake Brownies best of all, they are easy, yummy, and  they have kind of become my speciality. I always use the same base recipe which is from Nigella Lawon's How to be a Domestic Goddess. But I like to mix it up ingredient style( unintentional pun) by making different variations. A white chocolate base with cranberry and cinnamon are tasty during the festive season, and hazelnut with raisin is also really good, but most of the time I make these fudge ones...

You will need:
400g Dark chocolate, broken up (I put it in a food bag and bash it really hard with a rolling pin!)
375g Butter
6 Medium eggs
500g (yes 500g!) Caster sugar
1 tablespoon of Vanilla Essence
225g Plain flour
Pinch of Salt
12 fudge bars, chopped
200g White Chocolate, broken up (again I do the food bag, rolling pin)

The cooking bit:

*Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a small pan over a medium heat, I tend to melt the butter first and then add the chocolate so the chocolate doesn't burn. Then set aside to cool down a little.
*Beat together the sugar, eggs and Vanilla Essence until it's well mixed up.
*Next add the chocolate/butter mixture to the egg/sugar mixture and give it a good stir together until all combined.
*Now add the flour, salt, fudge bars and white chocolate to the chocolate mixture and give it a really good stir. It should really thicken up now and become all goopy.
*Finally, pour it into a fully lined baking tray and bake in a 190 degree oven for 25-30 minutes. The top should be pale brown and the mixture spongy but still a little bit sticky when they are done. 
*Cut them up in the tray when they've cooled, and eat with a nice cup of tea.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...