Friday 31 December 2010

A Christmas Birthday Party




T-Shirt: Luella for The Environmental Justice Foundation
Cardigan: H &M
Skirt: Vintage
Belt: Vintage
Shoes: Peacocks (I think)
Tights: New Look
Hair Pin: Vintage

 On Christmas Eve we celebrated my dad's 60th birthday, I always think it must totally suck to have a birthday near Christmas as people do disappointing things like give you joint birthday/Christmas presents, which are always wrapped in Christmas paper and write birthday messages in Christmas cards; so in the spirit of making it a special one we had a big birthday party where we gave him another joint birthday/Christmas present (to be fair it was a laptop). I baked special birthday Brownies (dark chocolate and coffee bean), put party food in dishes, which is not as easy as it sounds, and we even sang Happy Birthday (which was mortifying to one and all).

 Because I was cooking/hosting for most of the day I wanted to make sure I wore something comfortable but still in the party spirit, and this polka dot skirt I found in a charity shop a couple of weeks ago seemed pretty perfect. I stayed up really late the night before taking it up (nothing like leaving it to the last minute) as it was floor length before, and I'm really pleased with the outcome. I think this is literally, my favourite charity shop find yet (except, maybe my Chanel belt). The Luella t-shirt was a sale bargain from asos and cost about £7. I think I'm the only person I know who likes the slightly depressing illustration on the front, but that's ok because I'm the only that has to wear it. Actually, when I come to think about it, the whole outfit is slightly depressing, the shoes are held together with safety pins, the miserable looking boy on the t shirt, which was sold to help save the sad state of the planet, and a £2 skirt, I guess that's just the way I roll.

  We also let my youngest nephew Finley open his Christmas presents from the family at the party, he was literally the most excited I've even seen a child. I'm not maternal in any way and cannot even comprehend ever having children of my own, I'm far to selfish; but there is nothing like watching an over excited kid become physically and mentally overwhelmed by bright colours and sounds, and then capturing that moment in a series of blurred photographs. Oh the innocence of youth...



Photos by Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...