Thursday 10 March 2011

The Curious Incident of a Dog in the Daytime.




Last week I spent the day with an old friend, Bysha. We have known each other since childhood ans she has always been someone I admire for her bravery, both in the way she dresses (she was one bad-ass punk back in the day) and the way she conducts her life, her opinions are always so refreshing. She is one of those friends that even though you might not speak everyday, or see them every week it's never awkward, and it could of been just yesterday you last saw each other.

 Anyway, we made a little beach date since the sun was out. And did something very Devon-ish (made up word?), had a cream tea. The best type of cream tea too. One with endless fruit (!) scones, massive Cath Kidston mugs of tea, and polka dot blankets to keep our legs warm when the sun started to go down (it was a marathon length cream tea). There was also a dog present that vacated its bladder at a particularly inappropriate time, but the less said about that the better.

Having just got herself a little house to call her own I prepared a little house-warming gift. Nothing special. Just some cookies I made from a new recipe I'm trying out (future post) and some little bits and pieces which ended up, for some unknown reason, centering around a heart-shaped theme. I think she liked it, If not I'm stealing that mixing bowl right back. It also gave me an opportunity to finally use the snowdrop tape I got from Habitat before Christmas. I um-ed and ah-ed over which roll to get for ages but I'm pretty glad I plumped for the snowdrop roll and not the Christmas pack, limited usage = less cost effective. We are in a recession after all.

There will be more of Bysha on the blog on the near future, a little while ago we did a little photo shoot which I plan to put up on here. I just need to do the editing and get proof approval from the lady herself, I don't want any costly lawsuits on my hands.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...