Monday 2 May 2011

Cracked Down the Middle.








Dress: River Island, Very old.
Hat: Topshop, battered, and over worn.
Clog Necklace: Vintage, from my mother.
Bag: Vintage, Charity shop find.
Sunglasses: H&M
Shoes: New Look
Nail Polish: Barry M Pure White.
Lipstick: Revlon, Strawberry Red.

This Sailor collar dress has been hanging around in my wardrobe for at least three years now. Shamefully, it had never been worn until these photos were taken a few days ago. It never seemed to be the right time, I always tried to dress it up, or layer it when actually I should of just let it be, it has a lot going for it on its own.
I was actually inspired to dig it out after seeing this Rachel Antonoff dress on the Modcloth website, I so desperately want it, but lack of funds means, sadly, it will never be mine. I know my dress isn't gloriously red, and the collar is slightly different, but it still made me reconsider its place at the back of my rail.

I'm kind of conforming to every nautical cliche by wearing it to the beach, but it was a bit of a happy accident as we decided to take an impromptu walk in a tiny local village near where we live. Bucks Mills is one of those places I never get tired of visiting, or taking photo's of. It's so beautifully quaint and diverse. The littlest of cottages live right next to more modern, architectural holiday houses, and off the tarmaced road are tiny coastal paths up steep cliffs.
We went to take pictures of an old house half way up one of these steep coastal paths. It's perched right on the edge of the cliff and is literally cracked in two, if you peer through the crack you can see right inside and if your really brave (I am not) you can still get in the front doorless house and see the abandoned furniture, shoes, and belongings of the family that left it behind. I long to get upstairs and see whats left, however, I'm a scared-y cat so I guess it will remain a mystery.

1 comment:

  1. i love this look. The dress is devine, i'm glad you got it out of your closet. Perfect setting for these shots too
    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...