Wednesday 11 May 2011

Bow Tie Kitty Cat









T-shirt: Unknown (very old)
Brooch: Vintage, Gift
Skirt: Vintage (thrifted, charity shop)
Bag: Topshop
Shoes: Topshop
Lipstick: Barry M No.62 (Gift)

It's just a normal Wednesday, nothing special to report. It's the typical returning from work procedure, excited dog greeting you at the door, getting literally right under your feet, a little hello to the horse, followed by a cup of something warm; I had Twinings Green Tea with and Pineapple and Grapefruit, he had a mocha. Then later, a little stroll before dinner. It's just how I like it. Our working week is now over with until Monday, so from tomorrow morning (after a little tiny lie in) I'm going to knuckle down essay writing, some picture taking, and furniture buying (exciting!). We move house at the end of the month and I am yet to buy anything except elephant shaped watering cans for our new garden, not overtly useful but very cute.

Anyway, this skirt has been on the blog once before, but I didn't really know how to make the most of it. For some reason I've found it really difficult to find something to go with it that doesn't look (a) too old lady or (b) too little girl, a slight contradiction, but a genuine predicament. In the end I figured it was best to pair it with a plain grey t-shirt and my new Topshop, block heel, t-bars. I think I may have a T-bar/Mary-Jane problem, I believe I have about 15 pairs, from very flat, too very high heels, I find that they go with everything in my wardrobe, or at least I make them go, and they are comfortable too, for the most part. I think I may need to start branching out a little though...I'm just not sure what to?

I picked up this little, black, patent, push lock, satchel in the Topshop sale last week, I was drawn to it's structure and 1960's look. I'm in a bit of a 50's/60's mood at the moment, all I'm after are cute shift dresses and nipped in waists. I've got a little wish list I'll post later on that proves it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...