Monday 23 May 2011

Jam'bree







Dungaree Dress: New Look
Blouse: Unknown Granny shop
Shoes: Vintage, gift
Necklace: Vintage (charity shop)
Bag: Vintage (charity shop)

So for the last few weeks I've been searching for the perfect dungaree dress. I knew I did not want shorts, or a short skirt, or even worse a trouser pair. For a while I toyed with the idea of buying this dress from River Island, but it wasn't quite right, something about the length and wide shoulders, and then I found this dress on the New Look website. I pretty much knew as soon as I saw saw it that it was perfect, the dark denim, little pockets and high waist were just what I was after.
 I've been wearing it pretty much constantly ever since, popping it over a Breton top, white t-shirt; and then for a trip to Ikea on Saturday and an evening with my best girls, I put this 70's style shirt underneath. I bought the shirt about 2 years ago when I had an office job, I'm not really one for the crisp white shirt, I find them a little scary, and I thought this was a little softer. It's from some Granny aimed shop where I've actually picked up quite a few things over the years. I'm not sure what that says about me.

Its been a little busy in my world of late what with writing an end of year essay, holding down the day job, and having to find enough furniture to fill a house, it has all become a little daunting. I think (i.e hope) that I'm getting there now. To be honest with you it has actually been quite exciting, picking up unexpected finds in charity shops, and buying fabric to make my own cushions. Now I just need to get round to making them, and most exciting of all it looks like the bank holiday weekend is going to be a whirlwind of sanding and painting furniture...

1 comment:

  1. lovely outfit :)

    And the shoes are amazing!

    Buying stuff for your own place is so special, I'm sure you got loads of lovely things and I can't wait to see them all.

    Loads of love xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...